If you have any questions, please contact Cheryl Cathcart, director of human resources, at email@example.com or 800-444-1839 ext. 229.
For a comprehensive list of all job openings at Virginia Military Institute, go to the VMI Jobs page.
Direct Marketing Specialist
As part of a growing organization, the VMI Foundation invites applications for a full-time Direct Marketing Specialist. Reporting to the Director of Annual and Reunion Giving, this position aids in providing planning and oversight for the annual giving solicitation calendar with a goal to maximize software and analytic tools to fundraise across multiple channels in support of VMI.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Execute personalized communications using multiple channels to include direct mail, phone, email and text
- Create segments for solicitation and provide analysis of effectiveness and ROI of all appeals and channels
- Hire, train and supervise a team of cadet callers to execute phonathon operations
- Utilize the software tools and platforms available to maximize the broadest reach to our constituency
- Enhance existing reports and analyses to inform future direct marketing goals and strategies
- Schedule workflow and monitor work in progress, making scheduled adjustments as required
- Maintain continuous direct communications with stakeholders
- Other duties as required by the VMI Alumni Agencies
Preferred Experience, Education & Qualifications:
- Minimum four-year degree
- Strong organizational skills, attention to detail, planning and ability to meet deadlines
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite and proficiency to learn data base applications.
This is a full-time position with a generous benefits package, retirement plan, and a competitive starting annual salary based on qualifications and experience.
Founded in 1839, Virginia Military Institute is the nation’s oldest state-supported military college. Consistently ranked among the top public liberal arts colleges in the nation by both U.S. News and World Report and Money magazine, VMI offers Bachelor of Arts and Bachelor of Science degrees in 14 majors. It is the mission of VMI to prepare honorable and dedicated leaders ready for the challenges of 21st-century citizenship. VMI adjoins the campus of Washington and Lee University, the nation’s ninth-oldest institution of higher learning. Both colleges are within walking distance to historic downtown Lexington, a popular tourist destination. The town of Lexington has approximately 7,000 residents.
The VMI Alumni Agencies inform, engage, and inspire VMI alumni, family, and friends to support the Institute.
Qualified candidates should email a cover letter, resume, and three professional references to Cheryl Cathcart at firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
VMI is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against anyone because of race, color, religion, national origin, political affiliation, sex, age, or disability.