Executive Assistant to CEO/ Corporate Secretary
The Executive Assistant provides assistance to the CEO of the VMI Alumni Agencies, including maintaining the CEO’s calendar, arrangements for meetings, and other duties as directed by the CEO.
The Corporate Secretary provides executive assistance to the Alumni Agencies Board, Foundation Board of Trustees, Alumni Association Board of Directors, the Keydet Club Board of Governors meetings and meetings of the Jackson-Hope Board of Overseers and the Peay Endowment Cabinet.
The Corporate Secretary also provides secretarial support and serves as primary point of contact for administrative support for the Alumni Agencies Board, VMI Board of Trustees, the Jackson-Hope Board of Overseers and the Peay Endowment.
Duties and Responsibilities for Executive Assistant
- Maintain CEO’s calendar, arrangements for meetings and materials.
- Supply advanced material for all meetings one week prior to meeting.
- Coordinate with Executive Assistant to the Superintendent for all pertinent meetings.
- Coordinate individual and group meetings with the senior leadership team as requested.
- Coordinate, update and manage calendar of meetings and pertinent Institute events in coordination with Director of Advancement Services.
- Maintain Notary Public license.
- Prepare correspondence, including donor letters, receipts, staff birthday cards, and employee anniversary recognition cards
- Other duties as assigned by the CEO
Duties and Responsibilities for Corporate Secretary
- For all 4 Agencies boards (Alumni Agencies Board, Foundation Board of Trustees, Keydet Club Board of Governors, Alumni Association Board of Directors) and two others (Jackson-Hope Board of Overseers, Peay Endowment Cabinet):
- Work with other agency assistants and COO’s to obtain necessary materials for all board meetings for dissemination through board portal.
- Record and transcribe minutes for all board meetings.
- Maintain all documents for all boards to include Conflict of Interest forms, bylaws, minutes, etc.
- Assist with and/or attend events associated with Agencies’ boards in coordination with the Director of Advancement Services.
- Assist with preparation and materials for Boards, attend retreats, and meetings
- Draft agendas and talking points, send out meeting notice and preparatory materials, record attendance, and record, transcribe, and distribute meeting minutes.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, both verbal and written
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically and to achieve results in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment
- Outstanding organizational skills, attention to detail, and ability to meet deadlines.
- Proficiency with Raiser’s Edge and IModules, BoardEffect and Microsoft Office Suite
- Schedule flexibility and ability to work occasional nights and weekends.
To apply, please submit your resume and a cover letter detailing your relevant executive assistant experience to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Application Deadline: 10/15/2023
VMI Alumni Agencies is committed to fostering an inclusive and diverse environment and do not discriminate against anyone because of race, color, religion, national origin, political affiliation, sex, age, or disability. We encourage applications from individuals of all backgrounds and experiences.
Alumni Program Officer
The Alumni Program Officer plays a critical role in fostering and maintaining strong relationships with VMI’s alumni community. They are responsible for implementing programs and initiatives that engage and support alumni, promote their ongoing involvement with VMI and the Alumni Association, all while contributing to the overall success of the organization. The Alumni Program Officer works closely with alumni, as well as other stakeholders on post, to ensure that alumni remain connected, informed, and engaged with VMI’s mission and goals.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Alumni Engagement:
- Assist with the planning, coordination, marketing, and execution of alumni association events and workshops to include VMI’s Legacy Day, Chapter events, New Cadet Recruiting Events, and Rat Send-Off events.
- Alumni Outreach & Database Management:
- Establish and maintain relationships between job seeking alumni and employers for maximum exposure.
- Disseminate information about employment opportunities to alumni through various platforms: VMI Job Board, VMI Alumni Association website, the Alumni Agencies website, VMI Ranks, Career Networking and LinkedIn.
- Maintain accurate and up to date alumni records in Raiser’s Edge and iModules.
- Collaboration and Communication:
- Maintain awareness of current events and priorities at VMI.
- Provides support for Reunion activities and Board of Directors.
- Collaborate with VMI’s Office of Admissions to support chapters by cultivating connections with prospective cadets for the Rat Send-Off program.
- Support Reunion activities and events
- Relationship Management:
- Cultivate strong relationships with alumni by understanding their interests, needs and aspirations.
- Act as a point of contact for alumni inquires to provide information, assistance, and guidance as needed.
- Alumni Benefits and Services
- Maintain portfolio of benefits and services for alumni, such as access to resources, career development support and events.
- Program Development:
- Continuously assess the effectiveness of the existing alumni programs and initiatives and recommend improvements.
- Research and propose new ideas for alumni engagement and participation, considering trends in the field.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned by the COO of the Alumni Association, the Director of Alumni Outreach or the Director of Alumni Engagement.
- Ability to travel as necessary.
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant field (Such as communications, marketing, or business administration).
- Proven experience in alumni relations, event planning or community engagement.
- Strong project management skills and the ability to prioritize tasks and manage multiple initiatives simultaneously.
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively within a team environment.
- Understanding of and affinity for VMI’s mission and values.
- Demonstrated ability in cultivating meaningful professional relationships.
- Ability to organize effectively to drive mission success and meet deadlines consistently.
- Proficiency with MS Office suite, keynote and presentation software, and social media platforms
- Knowledge of event planning
This is a full-time position with a generous benefits package, retirement plan and a competitive starting annual salary based on qualifications and experience.
The VMI Alumni Agencies inform, engage, and inspire VMI alumni, family, and friends to support the Institute.
For more information about VMI Alumni Agencies, please visit our Web site at http://www.vmialumni.org.
Qualified candidates should email a cover letter, resume and three professional references to: email@example.com with the subject line: “Alumni Program Officer.” Applications will be accepted until the position is filled; however, those received by 8:00 a.m. on September 8, 2023, are assured full consideration.
VMI Alumni Agencies is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against anyone because of race, color, religion, national origin, political affiliation, sex, age, or disability.
Major Gift Officer
The Major Gift Officer will proactively and strategically manage a portfolio of approximately 75-100 prospects and generate a high level of activity and contact, formulate gift strategies for these individuals, and write plans directed at achieving outright commitments of $25,000 or more. In addition, he or she will work closely with volunteers, board members, and other academic leaders in the identification, cultivation, and soliciting of major gifts. The Major Gift Officer reports to the Chief Development Officer. After several months of hands-on training, this position will work remotely and cover the west coast region.
Duties and Responsibilities
Develop and implement cultivation, solicitation, and engagement strategies that include building, managing, and soliciting a portfolio of major gift prospects;
- Personally solicits assigned donor portfolios through face-to-face visits, including preparation of personalized materials. Proactively identifies, develops, and delivers engagement opportunities to donors to ensure the maximization of their financial
- Accountable for meeting or exceeding established annual fundraising goals and metrics;
- Manages a budget ensuring that expenditures are in compliance and expense reports are prepared and submitted as needed;
- Works with prospects to educate them on Virginia Military Institute’s priorities and soliciting and closing outright and planned gifts;
- Effectively manages major gift prospects through personal visits, correspondence, and electronic and telephone communication;
- Meets or exceeds metrics related to portfolio, visits, asks, and documentation, as collaboratively set by Chief Development Officer
- Becomes immersed in the key strategies and initiatives of the Virginia Military Institute
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in fundraising with nonprofit organizations, including major gift fundraising
- Willingness to travel regionally
- Must adhere to the highest ethical standards
- Excellent attention to detail and follow-through, as demonstrated through effective project management experience
- Superior writing and public speaking skills
- Ability to work effectively within a complex institution; knowledge to quickly learn the culture, language, and hierarchical structure of VMI
- Highly self-motivated and directed
- Proficiency in the use of computer work-related software programs; strong functional skill in web-based research applications
- Knowledge and experience with Blackbaud products is a plus
This is a full-time position with a generous benefits package, retirement plan, and a competitive starting annual salary based on qualifications and experience.
The VMI Alumni Agencies inform, engage, and inspire VMI alumni, family, and friends to support the Institute. Founded in 1839, Virginia Military Institute is the nation’s oldest state-supported military college. Consistently ranked among the top public liberal arts colleges in the nation by both U.S. News and World Report and Money magazine, VMI offers Bachelor of Arts and Bachelor of Science degrees in 14 majors. It is the mission of VMI to prepare honorable and dedicated leaders ready for the challenges of 21st-century citizenship. VMI adjoins the campus of Washington and Lee University, the nation’s ninth-oldest institution of higher learning. Both colleges are within walking distance to historic downtown Lexington, a popular tourist destination. The town of Lexington has approximately 7,000 residents.
Qualified candidates should email a cover letter, resume and three professional references to: firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line: “Major Gift Officer.” Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
VMI is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against anyone because of race, color, religion, national origin, political affiliation, sex, age, or disability.